Question:
where is a web tv used?(personally, business, government)?
2006-01-25 07:01:48 UTC
where is a web tv used?(personally, business, government)?
Two answers:
WebtvDan
2006-01-25 18:53:03 UTC
Webtv is strictly a personal device.

It’s immune to viruses, spyware, and the other nasties a computer can get.

The initial expense is less than a computer but the monthly ISP charge is $21 to $24.

Highly recommended for Senior citizens just wanting email.

I have found Webtv the perfect solution for Internet in my home theater.

Webtv (still available) has been upgraded to MSNTV2. MSNTV2 is designed for broadband users. The MSNTV2 monthly fee is $9 in addition to your broadband charge.

I have found MSNTV2 superior in my home theater but would recommend Webtv for seniors with no computer experience. To fully appreciate all the MSNTV2 network features you need at least one addition computer (I have several).

I should also mention Webtv has discussion groups far superior to anything offered by other services. I kept my Webtv active in addition to the new MSNTV2 just for the groups.

If you’re already comfortable with a computer you may not like Webtv. I can’t imagine not having one (or several).
forceuser2004
2006-01-25 15:03:44 UTC
WebTV is usually used for less technically savvy home users. It basically allows you to have internet access at a l,ower cost (i.e. no computer to buy) but also less functionality.