Question:
HDTV--Plasma or LCD?
2006-03-08 06:57:02 UTC
Plasma or LCD for my living room? I don't care about burn-in. I do care about cost and I want to get bang for my buck. I will get surround sound so that doesn't matter from the TV. And do LCDs and Plasma both do HDTV with my cable box and have digital inputs? Also, what if I went EDTV vs. LCD? Don't get too technical with pixals and screen speed etc./xyz and all that jazz b/c I don't care, keep it simple please.
Four answers:
tootootoo
2006-03-08 06:58:24 UTC
Definitely LCD. This standard will develop further and plasma will not. There is no obvious reason for this except that industrie leaders have decided to do that.
sports19fan
2006-03-08 18:00:19 UTC
Go plasma. The fidelity is way better and pictures are much brighter. Yes, they have HD ready inputs. EDTV is a little bit of a less grade of HDTV. But you can get EDTV in plasma or LCD. Just as you can with HDTV.
DeDe
2006-03-08 06:57:52 UTC
Definitly LCD. plasma will out next years.
Confused
2006-03-08 12:30:50 UTC
have you looked into DLP rear projection? pretty nice. you should go visit one and compair costing and image quality. keep your options open till you're sold on one. bottom line... what's the warentee (how much stock does the manufacture put in its own product)and what do you like.