Question:
My PS2 on my hd tv (thru regular a/v cables) looks horrible. Will using s-video improve the picture?
laptutran
2006-03-07 16:14:57 UTC
My PS2 on my hd tv (thru regular a/v cables) looks horrible. Will using s-video improve the picture?
Five answers:
Kobe
2006-03-07 16:22:33 UTC
It looks horrible because your TV is designed to output HD signals. You'll have to switch over to component cables if you want great picture quality. One other thing, most if not all ps2 games don't support HDTV. The highest resolution you'll get will probably be 480i, maybe 480p during cutscenes. Anyway, component cables will help with the picture quality. I recommend the Sony Ps2 component cables. You can find those just about anywhere: Bestbuy, Circuit City, and so on. GOod luck!
servantofthelight1976
2006-03-07 16:18:35 UTC
Quite possibly that might do the trick, but then that depends on the games you are playing. If they looked that bad on a pre-HD model tv, then it may not make a difference. You may just have to wait for the PS3.
Ry
2006-03-07 20:40:54 UTC
You can also get power strips specifically designed to clean the power that goes into the tv, giving you a better picture.
Tag
2006-03-07 19:44:21 UTC
Component cables will fix the problem, i have an hdTV too
michaelosaro1
2006-03-07 16:19:22 UTC
It matters